Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today is One Dot on the Canvas (Quado/Carrie Hart)

The action you take today is like placing one dot on a vast canvas.  You cannot see the whole picture of your life, its meaning and purpose, but yet you are painting it daily with everything you do. Your higher self, your soul self, is the painter with the vision.  You are the hand, the hand that can choose the brush, select the color and place the dot of paint just so.

And you, as the hand, have been given a choice.  You may allow yourself to be guided by ego, fear and doubt, wrestling for control as you willfully place the dot of this moment.  Or you may reach up into spirit and ask for guidance on how to spend the precious day that has been given to you, asking for the texture, tone and color that will best express the most divine vision of your life and inviting spirit to add that special sheen of miracles and wonders that results when you surrender control.

There will be times when you are working on a small area of detail, and each day is a very small dot that you simply do not understand, and the work of your life seems painstaking and confusing.  And then there are other days when you are able to express yourself in great strokes of vibrant hues, when you feel the color deeply, and suddenly have a sense of what is being drawn, where it is all heading.

And sometimes, you will enter a period of such strong guidance and direction, a period in which you finally begin to feel and know your own greatness and accept your power, that you will be able to paint great swaths of your canvas.  And you may come to understand that some of the painting you did in days of doubt and confusion now provides the contrast required to make this bold stroke stand out in vibrant beauty.  And you begin to see how everything that was and is has a place on your canvas.

The time is now to seek daily guidance.  The time is now to go each day into a meditation with your higher self and ask, what shall I do with this precious day?  How shall I spend this gift that has been given to me?

I am the hand.  Guide me to the right brush, the right colors, the right movements, so that I may paint my canvas with beauty and wonder, so that I may surrender my need to know why today is blue instead of yellow, so that I may move with grace and ease as the instrument of spirit, doing and being the physical expression of the higher spirit that I truly am, the extension into this physical form, showing the beauty and wonder of my greater, higher self in every action I perform.

Allow me to express you in physical form today.  Show me how to be and what to do.  Show me the colors to live.  And then, help me to accept in good grace that I may not see or understand the big picture until it is completed and I can finally step back, see it in its entirety and admire what I have done.

http://www.carriehart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment