Friday, March 27, 2009

On Health

I received a letter from a friend whose father was very ill... I remembered a few years ago when I had to go through that myself, and admired her strenght and confidence when talking about it with him and with us who received the letter.

I post the following thinking of her and those who might be going thru something like this as well.

Sometimes someone will be sick, and a daughter or someone who loves a sick person will say, "Abraham, I'm wanting to help this person." And we say, just hold the image of them in a place of utter Well-being, and trust that through the path of least resistance, either they will recover and Well-being will be restored here, or they will withdraw and Well-being will be restored there. But in either case, whether they stay or whether they have what you call death experience, the Well-being is always restored. Whether it is someone who has just been bipping along in physical experience, who has been meditating, who knows the sweetness of Connection on a day-to-day basis, who says, "Ah, this life experience has been so wonderful and I think I will now turn my attention to another aspect of my life experience," closes their eyes as they put themselves in the bed, make the transition, and they are discovered as having made their transition in the night. Or whether they have some violent experience, where at the gun of an enemy, or the gun of someone violent, or a car crash they make their transition. As they make their transition, ultimately it is still the same experience.

Excerpted from a workshop in San Rafael, CA on Saturday, March 9th, 2002

Our Love, 
Jerry and Esther

I pray for people to be more like my friend, who truly believes that only the best can happen to those we love.

In Trust, Luciana.

No comments:

Post a Comment